Gen. Aguinaldo established the departments of the National Government here, This barrio, named after the patron Sto. Niño, is a part of the Poblacion. It is bounded on the west by Barangay Santiago and Barangay Sto. Rosario in the south and the Municipal Building and the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception in the east. There abound four streets here Pariancillo, Sto Niño, T. Alonzo, Tampoy, and part of F. Estrella and F.T. Reyes. During the Spanish regime, this barrio is sometimes called the Intramuros of Malolos because there are big houses here made of stones with high concrete walls too. It is also called “Pariancillo” or (Maliit na Parian) or “Kamestisuhan”, not because Spanish Mestizos are residing there, but because of Chinese Mestizos, they are those sons and grand sons of Chinese traders who married natives of the barrio. Among them are the Tiongsons, Tantocos, Reyeses, Santoses, Bautistas, Adrianos, Tengcos, Jacintos and Crisostomos.
During the Spanish regime, fourteen station of the Cross was engraved in concrete fences to commemorate the way to the cross of our Lord Jesus. Every Holy week celebration , their chapel was constructed and saved as the center of the spiritual worship of the residents.
And during those time also 1882-1896 illustrious names in the barrio such as Jose Bautista, Graciano Reyes, Ponciano Tiongson and other were joined by Marcelo H. del Pilar in denouncing the abuses of the Spanish friars in the town. in this barrio also was established and built a night school for simple woman, which Dr. Jose Rizal wrote a letter praising their good deeds and service to their community.
Among the prominent personalities of this barrio are the Santos families which established the first Santos Clinic for eye, ear, nose and throat in Malolos. In this barrio also was built the first mouse houses, Estrella and Eden theaters. At present the barrio is well known because of its Sto. Niño fiesta celebrations.
B. PHYSICAL LOCATION
C. BARANGAY OFFICIALS
Rhyan Esperidion II M. Reyes - Barangay Captain
CITY of MALOLOS MOBILE PASSPORTING
Submission of Requirements - Dec. 1-29, 2014
Appearance - Jan. 24, 2014
CTECO is located near Malolos Water District and Topico Studio.